Authors: Anja Suska and Katjuša Reja Mozetič
This time, Anja and I decided to present you a miraculous and versatile plant Aloe vera. It is a desert plant with fleshy leaves, which in the core store invaluable nutrients, antioxidants, vitamins, enzymes... Therefore, it is no wonder that Aloe vera used for medical purposes already by the ancient Egyptians and called it the lily of immortality.
You can watch a video on the link below True aloe and learn how to take care of it, how to make aloe vera gel, a recipe for an aloe vera and raspberry smoothie, a recipe for aloe vera gel for moisturizing the skin, for a tonic, for a balm, etc.:
Why is Aloe vera the lily of immortality?
Lately it is Aloe vera also gained fame superfoods. The result of all this is that there are many products on the shelves that advertise heavily that they contain this miracle plant. All well and good, but it should be emphasized that:
- are the most active components in the plant even the most sensitive in little persistent
- common commercial products contain in addition to aloe and other undesirable ingredients (preservatives, petroleum products, ...)
- Aloe vera is for market needs heavily processed in s tem severely depleted of all its good ingredients
And because it is cultivation Aloe vere and its use is very easy, Anja and I decided to help you with useful tips and recipes regarding the use of the fresh plant Aloe vera 😊.
Cultivation Aloe vere
Aloe vera is for cultivation very unpretentious, so it would deserve its place of honor in every home. When growing, we only have to consider:
- to assure her enough water and light
- to give it at a temperature below 5 °C to indoor, warmer rooms, as it dies at lower temperatures
- every year, we remove the lateral young shoots (for more beautiful and richer growth), which take root very quickly and thus we get new aloes in an easy way 😀
It is a stemless, rosette-shaped plant with about 20 fleshy leaves. The surface of the leaves is waxy, and there are small white spines along the edges. The useful part of the plant is the core of the leaf, from which the gel is obtained.
What is hidden in Aloe vera gel?
Although the gel Aloe vere contains more than 95% water, it is extraordinary rich in natural active ingredients. According to some data, it should even contained more than 160 of them! To understand at least a little the versatile use of this miraculous plant, let's see what is hidden in Aloe vera:
- VITAMINS C, E, B-complex, beta-carotene and folic acid, which are important antioxidants, protect against free radical damage and strengthen the immune system.
- MINERALS calcium, sodium, iron, magnesium, potassium, selenium, zinc etc., which are important for the proper functioning of enzyme reactions in the body, regulation of blood pressure, for strong bones, ...
- MONO AND POLYSACCHARIDES, which reduce inflammatory processes, regulate blood sugar levels, stimulate the immune system, regulate digestion, maintain firm and taut skin, ...
- ANTHRACINONES, which have a laxative effect, reduce pain and prevent hyperpigmentation.
- PHOSPHOLIPIDS, which strengthen the circulatory system, nervous system, improve memory, lower blood pressure, ...
- PLANT STEROLS AND HORMONES, which have an anti-inflammatory effect, stimulate cell growth and thus wound healing.
- SALICYLIC ACID, which acts as an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and keratolytic (in anti-acne products).
- ENZYMES, which reduce inflammation, pain, swelling, prevent the formation of brown pigment spots on the skin,...
- LIGNINI, SAPONINI, which improve digestion, have an antiseptic effect.
- AMINO ACIDS, of which Aloe gel contains as many as 7.
Unfortunately, all these ingredients are very sensitive to temperature, oxygen and light, so it is freshly prepared Aloe vera gel, the richest in nutrients.
Aloe vera heals burns, insect bites and more
Aloe vera it is one of the most versatile plants and can be used both externally and internally. Enjoyment during pregnancy Aloe vere (internal use) is not recommended because it stimulates uterine contractions. Therefore, in this case, consult your doctor before use. Probably everyone knows the beneficial effects Aloe vere for burns and insect bites, but this plant is useful for many other things.
Usage Aloe vere in cosmetics
Gel Aloe vere has long been used as an additive to cosmetic products for the care of the skin of the face, body and scalp. It supplies the skin with sufficient amounts of vitamins and nutrients, accelerates circulation, ensures blood circulation, hydration, cleanses the skin of toxins, protects and regenerates it. The gel is effective for:
- treatment of burns, insect bites, swelling
- wound healing and reduction of scarring (stretch marks)
- for acne-prone skin, has an anti-inflammatory effect
- accelerates cell renewal and inhibits aging processes
- reduces the appearance of pigment spots
- hair conditioner, prevents static, protects ends, reduces dandruff
- psoriasis, reduces peeling
- in fungal diseases
- inflammations in the oral cavity, aphthae
- and something else would be found 😊
Internal use Aloe vere
Recently they rank Aloe vera during the so-called superfoods, which miraculously improve well-being, the immune system, detoxify... And for what they all recommend internal use Aloe vere?
- acceleration and regulation of digestion
- in case of heartburn, stomach ulcer
- regulates menstruation
- strengthens the immune system
- improves concentration and memory
- in rheumatoid arthritis, painful joints
- regulates blood sugar
- lowers cholesterol
Aloe juice is also used in seasonal cleansing of the body. During fasting, aloe juice ensures the intake of all the necessary nutrients, in addition to purifying the digestive tract and the entire blood circulation. In this way, the body is cleansed of toxins and restores a new balance.
Recipes with Aloe vera
For use Aloe vere we have also prepared some recipes, which you can view on the links below:
- Smoothie recipes with Aloe vera and raspberries
- Gel recipe Aloe vere and storage
- Recipe for face mask made of honey and aloe vera gel
- Enriched gel spray recipe Aloe vere for versatile use
We also prepared a versatile product at Nona Luisa, natural olive oil face and body cream Aloe vera, which contains Aloe vera. If you want to know more about natural olive oil face and body creams Aloe vera, prepared by Nona Luisa, click HERE and read more.
We wish you a pleasant creation with nature,
Katjuša & Anja 👋