Recipe for preparation of Aloe vera gel and storage
Author: Katjuša Reja Mozetič
After only two years, aloe vera has enough large and fleshy leaves to make a gel for home use. We always prepare fresh gel, as its active ingredients are very unstable.
The easiest and fastest is to na a cut aloe leaf is placed on the affected areas in ga rub lightly on the skin. So we moisten it and squeeze out the gel.
More interesting facts about aloe in its operation you can read it HERE.
Aloe vera gel recipe
- Cut the bottom aloe vera leaf as close as possible to the rosette.
- Cut the leaf into smaller strips to make it easier to clean the gel.
- Cut off the spines on both sides of the aloe strip with a sharp knife.
- Cut the leaf lengthwise and use a spoon to scrape the clear gel from the waxed surface of the leaf.
- The gel is collected in a bowl and can be mixed with a fork, and it becomes even more homogeneous if mixed.
- Use the forehead as soon as possible or store it properly (see below).
We do everything as quickly as possible, because the gel oxidizes quickly (which is already visible to the eye, because it turns brown). It is recommended to work in gloves so that hands and nails do not get brown 🙂.
Storage of fresh Aloe vera gel
- Pour the Aloe Vera gel into an ice cube tray and freeze it. It can be used within 2 months.
- Aloe vera gel can also be sealed in a glass jar and kept in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
For more interesting facts about Aloe vera, you can read the article "Why is Aloe vera the lily of immortality?"
You can also watch the video below, where homemade summer recipes with Aloe vera are presented:
As an interesting fact, we can reveal to you that it is in the product natural olive oil face and body cream Aloe vera also Aloe Vera gel.
We wish you pleasant creative moments,
Anja & Katjuša 👋
Leave a comment